Working with a state-run organisation
West Virginia (WV) State Parks is a publicly run organization that manages 35 state parks including a range of accommodation, from camping to cabins. They also offer picnic shelters, events and countless outdoor and indoor activities spread across a vast geographical area. A demanding set of objectives
In March 2019, following a recommendation by Inntopia, WV State parks contacted SPOTLIO and requested our help on a project aimed at improving its online direct booking experience. One of its main goals was to separate their lodgings itinerary based on accomodation type, whether the newly integrated camping or existing cabins and picnic shelters. It also wanted to keep its brand identity strong throughout the booking process and, due to the large geographical area covered by its parks, they wanted to geotag points of interest, accommodation, and businesses to help customers navigate the various offerings. Delivered success
After working closely together we delivered:
A customer win
- A highly customized user interface that strengthens the WV State Parks brand.
- A first class user experience with simple navigation, quick search results and quality content.
- The required separation of the lodgings itinerary.
- Geotagging of points of interest, accommodation and businesses.
- Compliance with the rigorous standards of a public organisation, i.e. ADA, demanding service agreement.
In just a few months, thanks to its flexibility, the SPOTLIO platform was able to meet all the project objectives of a highly demanding, state-run customer. West Virginia State Parks came to SPOTLIO to solve its digitization challenges and together they succeeded in launching a state-of-the-art online booking experience that has transformed the customer experience and helped grow online sales.